Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Misinterpretation.

I love puns.
I love double-entendres.

And so, I heart using the word seminal in assignments.
In my analysis of Noir and Neo-Noir films for a university assingment, I wrote:

"Miller and Rodriguez clearly draw their inspiration from the films of the noir movement, in particular Billy Wilder’s seminal work."


Obviously, as you all know, by seminal work, I'm referring to the 1944 classic 'Double Indemnity'.


My god, it is brilliant.


According to my faithful dictionary, seminal means "(of a work, event, moment, or figure) strongly influencing later developments : his seminal work on chaos theory."


But of course, there is another meaning. And being the foolish little schoolboy I pray that my tutor misinterprets it.



I've been told by many that my maturity is my best quality.

I've since realised that that is an insult.


No comments:

Post a Comment