Sunday, March 11, 2012

A love/hat relationship

Hats are bizarre.
They can make a man look cool, but just easily make him look like a bell-end.

According to scientific research*, each style of hat (which isn't an ordinary baseball cap) will only look good on approximately 2% of the population. They're not very good odds.
So, if you're trying to look like Bogart, don't even bother. It probably won't work.

NNNAAIIILLEEDD IT!

The same goes for snapbacks.
I judge people based on how they dress (as everyone does), and whether the hat suits you or not, to me snapbacks are a sign of douchery. Seeing as you all where them, I will say that if I know you and you wear them, I don't care - they quite often look good. But if I don't know you, and that's the first impression I get - it won't be a good one.
Maybe I'm just bitter because I can't wear one without looking like a juicy turd.

What's even worse is when people where these hats inside and sit back thinking 'OH MY GOD IM SO FLY I HAVE SUN PROTECTION ON INDOORS IM SO GODDAMN SEXY I CANT EVEN COMPREHEND IT'. Dude. Come on. You look like a twat.
For starters, why is it necessary to wear it inside?
Secondly, our cultural etiquette states that wearing a hat indoors is rude. I don't see why, in fact I think it kind of dumb, but I like a lot of the chivalrous old-style etiquette and I hate seeing it die out.

Such a simple scene, but this is my favourite scene from all of Mad Men. Embedding has been disabled, so click here to watch it instead.

If you want to be cool, follow one simple rule:
BE DON DRAPER

I can see only one solution to these dilemmas.
Use sunscreen instead.

______________________

*that never took place
______________________

Edit: I just remembered that even the Sopranos takes a shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment