Sunday, June 20, 2010

If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It

Roll over, Beethoven.
Step away, Einstein.
Roll slowly away in your electric wheelchair, Hawking.
(And while you are at it, wipe the drool from around your mouth)
There's a new genius in town.

After ages of stuffing around in crappy online tutorials, I finally was able to do three things for this blog.

The first thing I achieved was to create a logo for the blog:

A room full of geniuses working non-stop for a month with photoshop,
or a bored child with 5 minutes and MS Paint?

Yes, I really did make the second B into a beard.
Genius.

The next thing I did, was to make that into a favicon - you know that little picture next to the URL in your browser?
Genius.

The third thing I did was added a facebook 'like' thingy into my posts.
So rather than reading on the homepage, click the title of the post and read it.
From there you can click 'like' to make me feel warm and gooey inside.
Genius.

2 comments:

  1. lol I hate to do this to you Rory, but having just happened upon your blog for the first time, and owing to a certain type of tiredness only achieved after a day of cleaning a friend's rental flat for a final inspection, I kinda missed the point to begin with, and I thought the beard-B was in fact, a bum-B.

    I mean if you look at it carefully, the orange circle could be taken to be a person, someone shaped a bit like Humpty Dumpty. In that case, the beard-B really must be a bum-B, and we are obviously looking at him from behind (pun intended). ;)

    Further, the rb clearly stands for "really burnt" because let's face it, Humpty Bum-pty has been sitting naked on a wall for a very very long time.

    Had a great fall - err, I mean time! - reading through your posts below Rory. I am going to add a link to your blog from mine. :D

    V
    http://vvwtv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, hahah a few people have told me that it looks like a bum!
    i did it in 5 minutes, it originally had a face with the r and b in the eyes, but that looked bad.
    hehehe, having it look like a bum makes people look twice, which is what i want :D
    Thanks for linking me! hahah.

    ReplyDelete